Bernard Horwich JCC
3003 W. Touhy Ave, Chicago, IL 60645
Upcoming Gym Closure: February 24
The Basketball Gym will be closed from 10:15 a.m. until 11:45 a.m. for a private event. Adult Open Gym will end at 10:15 a.m. on this date.
From the time of its opening in 1960, Bernard Horwich has been the true center of the Jewish community serving Rogers Park, the surrounding neighborhoods and suburbs. Today, Horwich continues to serve the evolving needs of the community offering a wide array of programming, including early childhood, camp, enrichment and more.
- Four-lane, 25-yard indoor pool with observation area*
- Locker rooms with accessible showers, changing areas, steam rooms and hair and bathing suit dryers*
- Separate gender workout centers include treadmills, ellipticals, vertical and recumbent stationary bikes, Cybex weight machines, free weights, barbells, and weight benches, exercise balls, bands and various mats*
- 7000 sq. ft. gymnasium — one full or two half basketball courts, with pull out bleachers.
- Outdoor playground with age-appropriate equipment for both infant/toddlers and 3+ yrs
- Two baseball fields
- Multipurpose room for a variety of classes and gatherings. Rentals available
KJ Café—a joint venture of the Keshet Gadol Program, the Sandwich Club and JCC Chicago. It offers coffee, snacks, sandwiches and other lunch food from 10:00am–1:00pm, Monday–Friday. The Keshet Gadol program offers vocational opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities.