Group Fitness Instructors (PT)
The Group Fitness Instructors provide high quality fitness classes to our members and promote fitness related services offer by the JCC. Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Plan and implement Fitness Class routine for assigned class.
- Energize and motivate members throughout the sessions.
- Ensure safety of members regarding heart rate and exercise techniques.
- Provide options and challenges for specific exercises to accommodate various skill levels.
- Maintain attendance records and other related class paperwork
- Attend department staff meetings;
- Maintain excellent customer service with our patrons;
- Gather feedback from patrons regarding fitness classes;
- Notify supervisor of any program or facility related issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES (Physical Requirements):
- Ability to lift and move up to 40lbs.
- Ability to supervise participants by sight and sound.
- React with physical and mental alertness in emergency situations.
- Demonstrate physical stamina and agility required to be mobile for long periods of time.
- Use hands for grasping equipment and class material.
DAYS/HOURS: Varies by class
REQUIREMENTS: Current CPR/AED certification as well as AFAA, ACE, ACSM, NASM, NFPT or other related Fitness/Group Exercise certification from a national fitness organization required; a minimum of one-year experience in teaching Group Fitness Classes required. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong customer service skills and creativity in working with adults.