Bernard Horwich JCC Reopening
We are excited to welcome you back to the Bernard Horwich JCC as we reopen on October 19, 2020! As you prepare to get back into your fitness routine, we wanted to remind you of a few of our enhanced policies to keep you safe and healthy to allow you to enjoy your time at the J.
- Sunday: 8am-12pm and 2pm-6pm
- Monday-Thursday: 7am-11am and 2pm-9pm
- Friday: 7am-12pm
(We will have shorter hours as we slowly integrate back into the many programs that we offer.)
New Facility Policies:
- The club will be open to all current and new fitness members only. Guest passes or one-day visits will not be available at this time.
- Members will be required to reserve their workout times and spaces using a new fitness application called Mindbody. Further instructions will be coming in a future email.
- Please allow extra time to answer COVID-19 screening questions and temperature screening upon entering. A 15-minute arrival window will be allowed prior to reservation start time.
- Anyone entering the Bernard Horwich JCC will always be required to wear a mask while in the building including during workouts.
- Please ensure you are following the signs and social distancing guidelines in hallways, in the locker rooms and when working out.
- All members will be asked to sign an updated participant waiver form at their first check in.
- Please note all water fountain have been disengaged. We ask that you plan accordingly and bring your own filled water bottle.
- You will be able to reserve a lane in 30 minute increments for lap swim only. At this time, the pool will only be available for adults with an active adult fitness membership (ages 16 and older).
- Please ensure that you are following social distancing markers and guidelines and washing or sanitizing your hands before and after using the pool.
- You will see only certain lockers are available for use to ensure social distancing. If you have a reserved locker, you will be able to continue renting a locker, but may be asked to relocate your locker to another locker number to allow for more social distancing between lockers.
- Please follow posted locker room schedules as locker rooms will be closed at times throughout the day for sanitizing
- Please ensure you are allowing space for social distancing and washing hands.
- Steam rooms and lounges are closed.
- We will only allow 8 reservations per hour in the men’s and women’s workout spaces.
- Some Cardio machines will be discontinued from use to allow for social distancing.
- Please clean your equipment before and after using with the provided sanitizing cleaner.
Group Ex Classes:
- We will be starting with a limited group ex schedule and will continue to expand.
- Only 6 members will be allowed in the fitness studios at a time. Classes will take place in the group ex room and some will take place in our spaces upstairs.
- You will need to reserve a space prior to the class using our Mindbody system.
- The classes will also be live streamed for those interested in purchasing our Virtual Fitness membership or virtual membership add-on.
- There will be no open gym, soon we will be offering an option to reserve a court. No walk-ins will be allowed.
Thank you for taking the time to read over our updated policies. We appreciate your patience as we do our best to navigate these uncertain times. If you have any additional questions please reach out to our Customer Solutions team. We look forward to seeing you all again very soon!