Bernard Horwich JCC Fitness Update
Dear Horwich Fitness Member,
In response to rising cases and hospitalization rates, Governor Pritzker announced increased restrictions for health clubs to take effect on Friday, November 20. The Horwich fitness center will remain open. While many of our current operational policies and procedures are in adherence to the Tier 3 guidelines, there are a few changes and reminders listed below:
- Due to Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations, the following policies and procedures are effective as of Friday, November 20:
- Masks are required at all times including when exercising independently
- Indoor instructor-led group fitness classes are temporarily suspended
- The locker rooms are temporarily closed, except to use the toilet or to change and shower for swimming
- Building capacity is restricted to 25%. Please continue to utilize the Mindbody reservation system or your Horwich Fitness Center app to ensure space is available.
- The current arrival, check-in, and health screening process remains the same. Health screening will be conducted by engagement staff in the same fashion as you have come to expect.
- Continue to sanitize your equipment before and after use. There will be a new station to place free-weight equipment after use for a deeper cleaning and sanitizing.
In addition, we are creating additional opportunities for our members during this restricted time:
- Personal training remains available
- Swimming remains available with lap lane reservations required
- Horwich fitness will continue providing virtual fitness classes through a virtual fitness membership. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in learning more information.
Please feel free to contact us for more details or with specific questions. We are committed to providing you the safest environment possible to keep you physically and emotionally strong. Thank you for being a member of the Horwich Fitness Center. We sincerely appreciate your support, kindness and encouragement.
Horwich Fitness Team