Sr. Accountant – Payroll
The Senior Accountant – Payroll is responsible for management of the payroll function within the Accounting Department; working with the Controller, the Senior Accountant’s principal areas of responsibility will initially cover payroll and benefits payments and all reconciliations needed to ensure that cash, A/R, and liability balances are appropriate as they relate to payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience in Accounting, specifically in Payroll.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago’s Four Core Values: Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong foundation in accounting principles, payroll processes and related tax laws with a strong understanding of GAAP a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products (Excel, Office, Word, PowerPoint) with advanced knowledge of Excel required, including v-lookup and pivot tables. The ability to learn other CRM/Accounting systems and online banking systems a must.
- Strong data manipulation skills with high degree of accuracy. Previous experience managing data as well as formatting and generating reports.
- Key strengths must include organization, attention to detail, strong initiative, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.