J at School Staff (PT)
J at School offers engaging Before School, Recess, Enrichment and After School programs designed to give children time to relax and unwind before, during and after a busy school day. Our goal is to stimulate children’s minds and bodies through a balanced schedule of physical activities, art projects, supervised homework time, and games. J at School programs guide children through a values based experience while having more weekday fun.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Arrive on time each day prepared to immediately interact with children.
- Ensure safety and security of all children.
- Assist students during homework time.
- Read to children and facilitate quiet activities when required.
- Support the planning and implementation of classroom curriculum and weekly lesson plans.
- Follow designated schedule and maintain routine for students.
- Communicate regularly with parents through informal daily communications as well as onsite supervisor or onsite manager.
- Actively participate in mandatory staff orientation/training and all staff meetings.
- Observe and monitor children in both indoor and outdoor activities and play.
- Engage with children to enhance their learning and create a welcoming safe environment.
- Assist in clean up and organization of supplies and equipment.
- Follow direction and supervision of onsite supervisor.
- Facilitate conflict resolution between children.
- Inform on site supervisor of any injury, misbehavior, or conflicts with children.
Mid-August 2021 through Mid June 2022
Monday-Friday, approximately 7:00-9:00am, 10:00-1:00pm and/or 2:30-6:00pm (schedule varies by school)