Day Camp Staff – Unit Heads, Counselors and Administrative Support – Summer 2020
We’re the secret sauce of summer for over 3,500 children throughout the Chicago area. Every Summer, the Apachi J Camps – each with its own special blend of camp – become the place where kids learn to spread their wings, test the waters, push their envelope and find their bliss.
JCC Chicago is on the lookout for talented Camp Staff who will make our campers feel like one in a million! If you are looking for a way to create exciting experiences and heartwarming memories that last a lifetime, and spend your summer with 100 new best friends, JCC is the place for you!
- Unit Heads: College graduates who plan and develop activities for specific camper’s groups; oversee counselors.
- Counselors: Creative, motivated and enthusiastic Senior Counselors (college-age) and Junior Counselors (high-school age, 16 and older) work with groups of 12-16 campers.
- Administrative Support Staff: support staff answer phones, provide heavy administrative support and outstanding customer service to parents and staff.
Mid-June through Mid-August; specific dates vary by camp location
Key Essential Job Duties:
- Able to lift/move children up to 45 lbs.
- Demonstrate physical stamina and agility required to be mobile for long periods throughout the day.
- Move from sitting (chair and floor) to standing position easily and quickly.
- Stand for long periods of time and be able to run and actively engage physically with children.
- Ability to assist getting children on and off the bus and or cars.
- Able to ride on bus for a field trip and or bus route.
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of children ages 3 – 12 years old.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
- Actively participate with children during games including running & climbing.
- Be in a swimming pool up to one hour, observing and supervising children in the water.
- Move around with children at their pace and be actively involved with children rather than just watching them.
- Supervise children, keeping them in sight and sound at all times.
- Know the difference between appropriate and inappropriate behaviors. Prevent, circumvent, and deal with problem behaviors appropriately and effectively.
- Maintain a sense of calm and perspective with physical and mental alertness during stressful times.
- Consistently demonstrate and reinforce the values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility.
- Ability to run up to 100 yards (in the case of a emergency).
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program.
JCC Day Camps offer a great salary, bonus opportunities and a fun work environment!
Please apply to the specific camp(s) you are interested in being considered for: