Day Camp Administrative Support (Summer 2019)
Locations:“Z” Frank ApachiApachi NorthsideApachi Village
We’re the secret sauce of summer for over 4,000 children throughout the Chicago area. Every summer, the J Camps -Apachi and Neighborhood Camps- (each with its own special blend of camp) become the place where kids learn to spread their wings, test the waters, push their envelope and find their bliss.
Come join our busy, energetic front office staff at one of our premier day camps! In this role, our support staff will answer phones, provide heavy administrative support and outstanding customer service to parents and staff.
Key Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time (up to 4 hours) in front desk area.
- Demonstrate physical stamina and agility required to be mobile for long periods throughout the day.
- Ability to assist getting children on and off the bus and or cars.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
- Know the difference between appropriate and inappropriate behaviors. Prevent, circumvent, and deal with problem behaviors appropriately and effectively.
- Maintain a sense of calm and perspective with physical and mental alertness during stressful times.
- Consistently demonstrate and reinforce the values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility.
- Repetitive movement of arms and hands to operate computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to operate equipment such as phone, computer keyboard, calculator and standard office equipment.
- Vision: must be able to distinguish between colors, shades and brightness with ability to focus.
- Repetitive physical ability to stand up and assist campers, staff, parents and vendors with all building entrance, as well as all doors.
- Lift/move children up to 40 lbs and carry them to safety in an emergency.
- React with physical and mental alertness in emergency situations and assist in evacuation of building.
Apachi Northside (Chicago): June 17-August 9, M-F 8:00am-4:00pm
Apachi Village (Northbrook): June 3-August 9th, M-F 7:30am-3:00pm
‘Z’ Frank Apachi (Northbrook): mid-May through early June, flexible hours; June 17-Aug 9th, M-F 7:15am-3:45pm
JCC Day Camps offer a great hourly rate and fun work environment!
- Previous administrative and camp experience preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel with the ability to learn additional technology.
- Previous experience using CampMinder (or similar database) preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must have strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to remain flexible and work well under pressure.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to concentrate in a busy camp environment.
Please apply to the specific camp(s) you are interested in being considered for: