Camp Chi Counselors & Supervisors (Summer 2017)
JCC Camp Chi is one of the Midwest’s premier resident camps. Each summer, Chi serves boys and girls in 4th-11th grade through two-, four- and eight-week camp sessions. Set on 600 acres near the Wisconsin Dells, Chi offers the best facilities and over 30 specialty activities that aim to build campers’ skills and boost self esteem.
Camp Chi’s counselors and supervisors are responsible for the camper in their cabin life. This includes health, safety, happiness, daily routines and care, and, group dynamics. This is the talented team that helps makes summer memories campers forget!
Counselors: Seeking responsible, creative, motivated and enthusiastic individuals 18 years and older to work with groups of campers ages 9 to 16.
- Serve as a positive role models for their campers by following and enforcing camps rules, policies and core values
- Managing the health, safety, happiness and well being of their campers.
- Plan creative and engaging age appropriate activities and programs
- Working collaboratively with co staff and supervisors to ensure positive camper experiences
June 12-August 11
Village Leaders: We are looking for talented, leaders 21 years of age and older to manage the campers of a particular age group (village) ranging from 9 to 16 years and their counselors.
- Serve as a leader and role models for their staff and campers by following and enforcing camps rules, policies and core values.
- Supervise staff in implementing all areas of camper care and cabin life.
- Develop age appropriate programming.
- Communicate between campers, parents/guardians and camp administration and document to ensure needs are being met.
- Manage all daily operations of camp life for staff and campers in that village.
June 4 – August 11
Key Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to lift and carry 25 to 50 lbs.
- Physical stamina and agility required to stand for long periods of time, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching.
- Ability to run and actively engage physically with children.
- Ability to supervise campers by sight and sound.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
- Ability to react with physical and mental alertness in emergency situations.
- Must be able to rotate head side to side to scan the environment.
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate equipment and camp activities.
- Ability to demonstrate, motivate and communicate with children and adults.
- Mental alertness; sustain concentration for long periods of time.
- Willingness and ability to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities, with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, etc.
Summer stipend commensurate with experience. Room and board included. Post camp opportunities available.