Camp Chi Communication and Administration Positions (Summer 2017)
JCC Camp Chi is one of the Midwest’s premier resident camps. Each summer, Chi serves boys and girls in 4th-11th grade through two-, four- and eight-week camp sessions. Set on 600 acres near the Wisconsin Dells, Chi offers the best facilities and over 30 specialty activities that aim to build campers’ skills and boost self esteem.
Camp Chi’s communication and administration team must be able to work a face paced, customer service focused environment to help enhance our campers, staff and parents experience.
Communications: Seeking responsible, creative, talented, motivated and enthusiastic individuals 18 years and older with experience in the following areas:
- Photography / Videography
- Social Media
- Work collaboratively to ensure timely communications of photos, videos, updates to parents.
- Take photos of all areas of camp and in all activities, select, edit and upload photographs.
- Write and publish all camp communications (newsletters, blogs).
- Manage camp social media presence and online portal for parents.
- Assist in answer all incoming calls and route to the appropriate personnel.
- Set up live streaming of popular camp events.
Administration: We are looking for enthusiastic, articulate, detailed oriented individuals to be the first source of contact for all camp needs.
- Office and Administrative Support
- Answer and route all calls as they come in.
- Manage office work space.
- Assist in sorting mail.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Sort, scan, file camper paperwork and any other office tasks necessary camper paperwork.
- Greet all individuals and provide them with excellent customer service.
- Any and all other office tasks.
Key Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to lift and carry 25 to 50 lbs.
- Physical stamina and agility required to stand for long periods of time, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching.
- Ability to run and actively engage physically with children.
- Ability to supervise campers by sight and sound.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
- Ability to react with physical and mental alertness in emergency situations.
- Must be able to rotate head side to side to scan the environment.
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate equipment and camp activities.
- Ability to demonstrate, motivate and communicate with children and adults.
- Mental alertness; sustain concentration for long periods of time.
- Willingness and ability to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities, with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, etc.
June 8 – August 11
Summer stipend commensurate with experience. Room and board included. Post camp opportunities available.