Camp Chi Athletics Specialists & Supervisors (Summer 2017)
JCC Camp Chi is one of the Midwest’s premier resident camps. Each summer, Chi serves boys and girls in 4th-11th grade through two-, four- and eight-week camp sessions. Set on 600 acres near the Wisconsin Dells, Chi offers the best facilities and over 30 specialty activities that aim to build campers’ skills and boost self esteem. Camp Chi’s specialists are expected to plan and lead dynamic and engaging age appropriate activities and lessons to help enhance camper skills in their designated are.
Athletics Specialists: Seeking responsible, creative, talented, motivated and enthusiastic individuals 18 years and older with experience in teaching groups of camper’s ages 9 to 16 in one of the following areas:
- Team Sports: Basketball, Baseball, Soccer. Football, Hockey, etc.
- Individual Sports: Archery, Tennis, Mountain Biking, etc.
- Fitness: Yoga, Personal Training, Zumba, etc.
- Serve as a positive role models for campers by following and enforcing camps rules, policies and core values.
- Managing the health, safety, happiness and well being of campers in their area.
- Plan and run creative and engaging age appropriate lessons activities and programs in designated area.
- Assist in cabin management and night time routines.
- Maintain inventory and area cleanliness.
June 8 – August 11
Area Leaders: We are looking for talented, leaders 21 years of age and older to manage the above specialty areas of the arts.
- Serve as a leader and role models for their staff and campers by following and enforcing camps rules, policies and core values.
- Supervise staff in implementing lessons and activities in area.
- Develop and teach age appropriate programming in area.
- Manage all daily operations of specialty area.
June 4 – August 11
Key Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to lift and carry 25 to 50 lbs.
- Physical stamina and agility required to stand for long periods of time, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching.
- Ability to run and actively engage physically with children.
- Ability to supervise campers by sight and sound.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
- Ability to react with physical and mental alertness in emergency situations.
- Must be able to rotate head side to side to scan the environment.
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate equipment and camp activities.
- Ability to demonstrate, motivate and communicate with children and adults.
- Mental alertness; sustain concentration for long periods of time.
- Willingness and ability to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities, with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, etc.
Summer stipend commensurate with experience. Room and board included. Post camp opportunities available.